Imagine my delight to open my inbox saying I received a nomination for a Liebster Award! I will be honest, I had to do a bit of research on what that exactly was but once I did, I was quite surprised and very thankful to A Couple of Backpackers for the nomination! The Libester Award is something that is given to bloggers by other bloggers who feel that they deserve recognition, with the stipulation being that the blog should have fewer than 600 followers, meaning it is recognized as an “up and coming” blog. As well it is a great way to show encouragement to bloggers who are just starting out. Well I am more than happy to accept this award, thanks again for the nomination guys!
Ok so there are a couple of Rules that are required with this award and they are as follows:
- Write a blog post thanking the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
- Nominate 10 bloggers of your own, with under 600 followers, who you think are awesome and deserving of this honour.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
- List these rules in your post.
My 11 Questions:
- How many countries have you visited? 16
Canada, US, Jamaica, Haiti, England, Scotland, Ireland, Greece, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria
- Have you planned any trips for 2015 yet?
LOTS! Big year for me. Starting out with a trip to Orlando to Disneyworld for 10 days and then making a big move to The UK which will involve many travels plans I hope.
- What is the longest amount of time you have travelled in one country?
Well over a month, I would like to say 45 days and that was travelling across Canada.
- Rough Guides or Lonely Planet guide books?
I love Lonely Planet guide books, have my own mini library of them.
- Hostel Dorm Rooms or Private Rooms?
I am fine with both I do not really have a preference. Well if I am travelling solo, then dorm rooms.
- What is the best hostel you have stayed in?
Hmmm best hostel…I think I will go with this house converted to a hostel in Kilkenny, Ireland. It was incredible homey, one of the owners went grocery shopping and picked up items for us (without us asking), and we got to spend a rainy night watching movies in the living room etc. (I will detail this more in a later post).
- Have you ever worked whilst abroad?
- Describe your ultimate dream trip
One that never ends 😛 Um, a lot of moving around to wake up to a new sight everyday, opportunities to meet locals and eat delicious food, somewhere with relatively warm weather, chances to take afternoon coffee and book breaks. Nowhere specific but that is what my dream trip would entail.
- Do you keep a travel journal?
Always – sometimes there are little memories that you may not remember once the trip is over, until you read over your adventure.
- How long have you been blogging?
Well I have had an assortment of blogs for a few years but this is the first time I have gotten “serious” about it.
- What is the worst thing you have eaten abroad?
This blue cheese pasta in a train station in somewhere, Spain. Ordered it not realizing it was a blue cheese pasta, which happens to make me very ill easily. Oh well!
And now I present this award to:
Here are my questions for you:
- Favorite travel themed movie and or book?
- Absolutely must have in your carry on/suitcase?
- Longest trip that you have taken?
- Are you a researcher or a dive right in kind of traveler?
- What is the best hotel stay you have ever had?
- Where is your favorite airport?
- If you had to pick one country – to be your only travel destination ever- what would it be?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- 2015 bucket list item you plan to cross off?
- What is your favorite type of cuisine?
- If you could give words of wisdom to others, what would it be?
Once again thank you A Couple of Backpackers for this award!